Iola ISD is seeking a school counselor for the Secondary Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide individual counseling and group guidance to help students cope effectively with personal, social, academic, career, and family concerns.
2. Assist with implementing the school’s Social-Emotional Learning.
3. Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and supporting agencies concerning the needs and abilities of students.
4. Assist with student 504 records.
5. Help identify students with special needs and make appropriate recommendations and referrals. 6. Assist in making recommendations for school curriculum and instructional practices.
7. Assist with campus activities and events.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Principal, or other Administrative Staff.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
2. Two years accredited teaching experience.
3. Current Texas Teaching Certificate.
4. Has obtained a counseling certification or is enrolled in a counseling certification program.
5. Desire to continue career improvement.
All applicants must also fill out a Criminal History Record Check on Career Portal.