Iola Secondary Campus is seeking a math interventionist for the upcoming school year.
Provide students with instruction specific to areas of need in math competencies to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of research based practices for math intervention
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction for students who are struggling in math.
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s intervention program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student needs.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify curriculum, as needed, for special program students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP), 504 plans, etc.
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
9. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
15. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
16. Annual program evaluation will be conducted and reported in the comprehensive needs assessment.
Professional Growth and Development
17. Participate in staff development activities to enhance pedagogy and content, especially literacy.
18. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
19. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
All applicants must submit a separate application for a criminal background authorization.
The math interventionist will report directly to the secondary campus principal.
All applicants must fill out a Criminal History Records Check application.